About Us

Do you want to improve your life? Do you have goals that you have given up on? First to Finish Training, LLC was formed to create happier, healthier lives. Our plans are made specific to each and every person, eliminating those pointless generic plans that are hard to stick with. From 5k, half marathon, full marathon, triathlons, and everything in between, First to Finish Training, LLC has the knowledge to make your goals a reality. If you are looking for a year round coach a monthly charge can be worked out. All prices are very reasonable with what you will receive. We even do discounts for signing up with a partner/group. If running, or exercising in general hasn't worked up to your expectations in the past, having a knowledge coach can make all the difference in the world. Shoot us an e-mail today to obtain more info!

firsttofinishtraining@gmail.com

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Runners on Parade 2014

Today was a very successful day! My sister and I ran in the Runners on Parade 5k in Fort Wayne, IN. This was my third year running this event, and it gets better every year. My sister, Kara Tedder, finished amazingly! I have been training her for the past 7 weeks. She has come such a long way since she started that it has inspired me! With no running experience in her life (other than a couple out of shape 5k's here and there), she has built up to 55 minute long runs, and running a speed workout every week. She is really starting to fall in love with the sport which makes me so happy. With 936 runners this year she was able to pull out a a finish in 413th place overall! She was also 12th out of 52 in her age group Woo hoo! After I finished I looped back around to finish with her. She caught about 30 people in the last 800 meters. WOW! She started to feel the pain in the last 200 so a steady push in the back...literally...got her to the finish in 26:18. Very proud of her. I was able to finish 10th overall in 16:05. Not my best time, but needless to say I am happy with how we both did. Next stop? Muncie Half Marathon in Muncie, IN for Kara on 10/25/14. It has been a big goal for her to complete a half marathon so that's what we will work towards! Excited for her!!

http://www.fwtc.org/2014-runners-on-parade-overall-results.html

Breaking news! The course at Runners on Parade was USATF measured to be 3.16 miles. This gives Kara a 25:50 5k! We were all talking after the race that it seemed long...guess we were right. I'm sure this will give her a little extra boost of confidence. My time would be 15:48 which is closer to what I was looking to run so it was definitely a successful day for us both. 


No comments:

Post a Comment